Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Shaw-shank Redemption: A Synonym To Hope

      "I hope to make cross the border, I hope to see my friend and shake his hands. I hope Pacific is blue, I hope...... " this is the ending of shawshank redemption movie. I saw it  again, but  this time i saw it in English fully. Every time, I  always engaged. and the scene that happened in movie is kept in my mind clearly.As for me, I am inspired and shocked by this great movie, which remains as the best movie in many lists. In fact, the effect The Shawshank redemption isn't just in America. It's a great movie in the world as well, It's a movie that the undergraduates have to see in china. I think the theme that  the movie represent associated  with American's culture and
personality. This is my own opinion. But next , I will share my view with you based on one important theme.


     His name is  Andy, who is banker, was convicted wrongly . At the begin, he just hang out in prison all the day, which like other criminals. Meanwhile, he get a job that serve for the warden using his intelligence and wisdom. when he heard a surprised thing that a guy describe a murder briefly, and he is sure that the murderer who killed his wife and lover isn't him.  He want to clarify his innocent, but there  is no any effect that whatever Andy persist. At the end, he want to give a redemption to himself instead of living despair. He succeed in breaking out of the prison and withdraw the money that  belong to the warden, and reached a island in pacific ocean. In the movie,you will notice a picture of beautiful girl  that paste in the wall, when the warden tear up it, and there is a very deep hole behind the picture.  His friend Red ever have a joke with him that he can dig it with a hammer at least 100 years, but he only  spend 19 years. as a proverb said, everyone is own god , and if you give up yourself, nobody can save you. From beginning, Andy never give up and try his best to blow off his loneliness . The hope always be hidden in his heart , although he is a person who like silent and strict. Finally,I want to quote a word in this movie to represent my feeling"some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers  are just too bright".

No comments:

Post a Comment